Monday, August 16, 2010

It's been a while since I posted some of the funny things D has said.  I was thinking of a ton in the middle of the night when I was awake and now I can only remember two, so I'm just going to keep typing and see what I come up with...because we all know that rambling is the #1 way to keep readers interested...

1) Isn't it so cute when kids do something so.... kid-like?  Like the first time they see a shape in a cloud.   The very first time I heard D do this was weeks ago.  We were driving back from the blueberry farm and he looks out the window and says, "Hey mom, look at that cloud! It looks like..."

I was so excited!  What would his little imagination conjure up?

"..a loooong, skinny poop!"

 And I have to say, it really did.


2) Medman, D and I were outside one evening before bed.  D already had pj's on but we had caved for some reason and let him go back outside.  He's walking around in his pj's and rubber boots with his Lightning McQueen fishing pole by the creek that runs behind our house.  Nice and close to three neighbors.  Medman and I hear a funny, fairly loud noise and look at each other in surprise.  Then we notice the boots.  OH!  His boots were squeaking. 

Medman: D, was that your boots?
D: Nope!  It was my BUTT!



3) And there are things that are only funny because I've decided to laugh instead of scream...

During breakfast I leave the room to go to the bathroom.  From upstairs I hear...

Belle: MOMMY!!!!

D: Belle, she'll be right back.

Belle: MOMMY!!!

D: she'll be right back!

Belle: MOOOOOMMMMMMY!!!!!!!!

D (starting to sing his answer): She'll be right BACK!  She'll be right BACK!

Belle: MOOOOOOMMMMMMMMYYYYY!!!!!

D(now in full Broadway musical mode) She'll be RIGHT back back back, She'll BE right-

Belle: MOOOMMYYYY!!!

D:  Belle, don't talk while I'm singing!
 
(silence)

D (singing again): She'll be right BACK! SHe'll-

Belle: MOOOMMMMMMYYYY!!!!

D:  Belle, don't talk while I'm singing!

(silence)

D (singing again): She'll be right BACK! SHe'll be ri-

Belle: MOOOMMYYYY!!!!

D: BELLE!  STOP TALKING WHILE I'M SING-

Belle: MOOOMMMYYY!!!!

D: MOMMY!  BELLE KEEPS TALKING WHILE I'M SINGING!

Belle: MOOOOMMMMYYYY!!

So I did what every good mother would do.  I pulled the bathroom door closed and turned on the water in the sink to drown out the noise. 

Then at nap time while he was praying:
"And God, please help Belle to NOT TALK WHILE I'M SINGING!"

Ah, sibling love.


************
D does say plenty of funny things that do not involve bathroom humor or arguing with his sister, but for the life of me I can't think of them right now. I'm sure tonight when I'm awake I'll think of a half dozen more. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a comment. It will make me happy. Very, very happy.