Saturday, October 27, 2012

For the love of a brain

Belle (snuggled up against me): Mommy, I love Daddy SOOOOOOOO much!

Me:  That's good, honey.

Belle (turning to look at me with almost frightening intensity): I love him aaaaallllllll the way THROUGH HIS BRAIN!

Me (undecided between concern and amusement): Really?

Belle (settling back down): Yes.  I do.  And Mommy?

Me: Hmm?

Belle (in an off-hand sort of way): I love you, too.

Me (trying not to let the fear creep into my voice): All the way through my brain?

Belle (matter-of-factly):  No.  I love you UP TO your brain.  (Then resuming the look of adoration she has had toward her father since birth) But I love Daddy THROUGH his brain!


Frankly, since I'm not sure what it means, I'm not sure I'm offended. 

1 comment:

  1. I'll tell you what it means: she loves her daddy most. You have boys, thankfully, but I am so second-rate around here.

    ReplyDelete

Leave me a comment. It will make me happy. Very, very happy.