Tuesday, May 7, 2013

The glass ceiling

It was months ago when I posted about Belle's level of love for me compared to her dad.  I just can't compete.  The glass ceiling is real, people.   In our house that ceiling lies right below the level of her father.


Exhibit A: Our conversation while I was putting her to bed.

Let the record show that I was being kind and snuggling with her even after she was already supposed to be in bed and we'd been having a lovely time talking about Winnie the Pooh.

From a recording of Winnie the Pooh: "Oh, Bear!" said Christopher Robin. "How I do love you!"

Me, giving her a hug: Oh, Belle! How I do love you!

Belle, smiling back sweetly: Oh, Mom! How I do love Dad!


3 comments:

  1. Your posts always make me giggle when what you observe is often so true for happenings in our house. My daughter is such a 'Daddy's girl' and adores him much more than me. It might be because she is able to wrap him around her little finger, whereas I see through those techniques having used them myself on my own father! Hopefully our time for special mother/daughter relationship will happen in the future when she wants to borrow my make up, clothes, money... etc. Oh, happy days!
    Kristin :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do love your children! Like mine, they say such wonderful, humbling things...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't know why we even try.

    ReplyDelete

Leave me a comment. It will make me happy. Very, very happy.